Day 157 New Zealand, Bay of Isles.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
April 23rd 2015
Published: April 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



We had a very lazy day, enjoying our private en-suite kitchenette. We read, cooked, sorted our bags, did some washing and slept.



In the morning we walked to supermarket, which was on the map we were given, however once we got there (After 30 min’s of walking) we found it had shut down and the new one was just around the corner from our hostel!! (It was at least a nice walk!!)



Walking back to town we got breakfast/lunch at bakery (breakfast was just a banana so it doesn’t count in my eyes!!), we walked along promenade, I kept saying which flag was which to Vick (they had all these flags sprayed on the pavements). We got a load of leaflets to find tours for the next couple of days.



We shopped at countdown (Oz version of Woolworths), we got two nights of dinner, breakfast, wine and beer and headed back to the hostel.



For the next few hours we read the leaflets and decided the best way was to book up a car for next day and drive to Cape Reinga.



In the late afternoon we played tennis, this was free from the hostel. We got given the last racquets and beat up tennis balls (they were awful). Some how I won (Vick was a tennis pro in her youth but I got really lucky!!).



As I won Vick cooked us dinner, she made an awesome spag bowl, we had a wine with dinner then got into bed and watched this film beyond the pines. (Well half as we were shattered)



Nice lazy day!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.697s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0958s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb