Franz - Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
May 13th 2011
Published: May 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The following day, 13th April we left Franz Josef to head down to Makarora, the next overnight stop, another town of only about 40 population! Again on the way we did the usual stop off, first one was at Knights Point, basically just a photo stop, the next was at Thunder Falls, a big waterfall just off the road side, plus we did a few photo stops. We arrived at Makarora around mid afternoon and decided to head straight for the pub as there was nothing else in the town, we had a couple of drinks and waited for our food. Everyone from the stray bus came to the pub and it was karaoke night just for the stray guests! No one would start it off so I was bet $20 to be the first one up, so I thought why not, its $20! Wasn’t a pretty sight but it was fun, everyone then got into it and it was a good night!
The following day we set off to Queenstown! We made a stop at Lake Matheson which was beautiful and I had the best breakfast there, poached eggs on hash browns with beans and toast!!! Yum! We then left there and went to Wanaka, we had a 2 hour stop there where we had a walk around the town, was very nice but a little smaller than Queenstown. We then left Wanaka to head to Queenstown, making a stop at a fruit shop place where they served real fruit ice creams was amazing! When we came into Queenstown we stopped off at the AJ Hackey bungy sight Kawarau Bridge, which is the first ever bungy site in the world! A few people did that bungy while some of the others booked in there to do the Nevis bungy, which is the big one, 134m!!! Was no way I was doing that one, Alex and Alison booked to do the Nevis bungy on the Saturday as it was Alison birthday and she also booked to do the canon swing! We left there and got taken to our hostel Bungi Backpackers at around 5pm, we arranged with everyone on the stray bus to meet up that evening for some drinks as everyone would then be going different ways and we had spent the last few days all travelling together.




Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb