Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
June 6th 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We checked into the hostel and settled into our room, got ready and then went out to meet everyone, Me, Tracey and Alison went to revolver bar to meet everyone from Stray and Alex went to meet with Mark, Wendy, Matt and Ella, we had a few drinks there then moved on to altitude bar, the base hostel bar. Had more drinks there and watched the drink games, basically guys running on a bungy cord to reach the end to get a pint to take back for there partner to drink, few one to win gets free drinks and then the overall winner won a bungy jump! The last couple that did it had to do it naked for some reason??? We then left there and went to the pig and whistle where they had a live band and Alex, Matt and Ella came to meet us there, had more drinks and danced and me, Tracey and Daisy then did some handstands against the wall? Was Tracey’s idea as she couldn’t do them and wanted me to teach her! Then Tracey, Alex and Alison then decided to go home so I stayed out with the people from the stray bus, we went to world bar and drank tea pots!
The following day we just had a lazy day to catch up on sleep and recover from previous night. On the Saturday it was Alison’s birthday so her and Alex got up early to go do the Nevis bungy jump which they loved, they we all went out for lunch, then Alison went to go do her canyon swing. That evening we went for Indian and then out in town to celebrate her birthday. Was another good night, though on the way out, both Alex and Alison decided to try and cross the river instead of taking the bridge and both slipped and got their feet soaked, was only a little river so they were lucky! Was quite funny though!
On the 18th April is was time for Alison to leave, she flew back up to Auckland to then fly back to Scotland. We spent then next few days just looking for work and looking for a house share. I found a house just around the corner from the hostel which was a good location from the centre, I moved into the house on the 25th April, have a double room to myself and its cheaper than a hostel, $110 per week rent and then $20 for bills. My house mates are really nice, a guy Tom and girl Jenny, both younger than me but really nice. Alex and Tracey moved into a house share just 5 minute from me so that was really good.
I got offered a job to start in a call centre on the 27th April, I lasted 2 and half weeks doing this job, was really hard work as no one wants to talk to you and when you tell them its regarding insurance they hang up, was soul destroying but did get a good wage for the time I was there. I was then again looking for work, I managed to get 3 nights work at the warehouse doing stock taking from 7.30pm till 4.30am, I did this for 20th, 21st and 22nd May. After doing this I still haven’t been able to find anything else.
On 14th May I went to Dunedin for the night with Jenny for her friends birthday, she booked a room at the chain of hotels she works for so got it really cheap and it was a really nice room. We arrived there and got ready and went to her friends house for the party then went into town was a good night. The following day we got up and walked around the town before leaving to come back to Queenstown, was a really cool city and a lot bigger than I thought it would of been.
On 29th May me and Jenny went to Milford Sound, she managed to get us free tickets through her work was brilliant. We got the coach at 7.45am, we slept a little on the coach, had a stop in Te Anau and then set off again to Milford Sound, we did a couple of photo stops on the way, Monkey Creek, Mirror Lakes, the Chasm and then just some stops for the mountains on the way in. We arrived at the docks at around 1.15pm and our tour started at 1.45pm. We had not bad weather on the way then it started to get worse the closer we got and then it rained the whole time on the tour, got soaked but still spent most of the tour out on the deck looking at the amazing scenery, as it was raining it made loads of waterfalls down the sides of the mountains so was really amazing. The tour finished at 3.30pm and we got straight back on the coach to travel back to Queenstown, we again stopped at Te Anau and then watched a film from then, The Fastest Indian in the World with Sean Connery, was a good filmed, true story based on a man from Invercargill NZ. We arrived back in Queenstown around 7.30pm, was a long day but really good fun!
In between these dates I just chilled out around Queenstown, looking for work and organising the Asia trip, booking flights etc, also meeting up with Tracey, Alex, Mark, Wendy, Matt and Ella having drinks, food or coffee, etc. Have been very lucky living with Jenny as she is always doing something so have had many nights out with her meeting her friends and her showing me Queenstown.
On 5th June me and Wendy went to Arrowtown, we arrived and had a walk around the town, went for lunch in the cafe that sale world famous pies, I had a butter chicken one, was amazing! We then walked around the Chinese settlement area and along the river, was a really nice day and Arrowtown is a historical town, a nice quaint town reminded me of the old western type films.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb