Zig zagging the island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
March 6th 2005
Published: March 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Simply a treeSimply a treeSimply a tree

But I really had to take a picture of it. Isn't it impressive?
The hike didn't come without cost, with a good muscles pain. But since it was foreseeable, we planned for the day after an easy day with hot springs in the middle. We went to the pools in Hamner springs, which were not as nice as I expected after Baden Baden and Andora, but still it was a refreshing day (with also 500km driving but I don't drive anymore...)

The next day we went to a place called Karamea, it's the north end of the road in the west coast, and they have some beautiful karst caves, or more true arches - kind of tunnels that the river cut in the mountain. Not many people go there but it was beautiful.

At the night we stayed in a private house that belongs to Hiburim organization. It's like HIT, and for those who don't know what it is: it's an organization of families that host Israeli travellers for free or almost free. Erez had good experience staying with these families but here (in Westport) it was horrible dirty house... we ran away in teh morning...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The "Moriah Arc"The "Moriah Arc"
The "Moriah Arc"

In fact it's a tunnel created by the river in the soft rock. Beautiful.


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb