Lake Mahinapua to Franz Josef


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
March 17th 2010
Published: March 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and started getting ready to leave at 8am - not realising what a fight there was going to be for seats at the front of the bus - some people are so immature!

First stop the Bushmans Centre in Pukekura - an insight into how people make a living on the coast through sphagnum moss, timber-milling, possum trapping and helicopter deer recovery.

We went to a tour around the museum where we were able to see an albino possum and also be the target of several booby traps!

Next came the greasy fry up - unfortunately possum is no longer on the menu!

On the way to Franz Josef we saw some amazing scenery and stopped to take more photos!

We got our tickets for tomorrows half day hike up the glacier and also tickets to the spas hot pools (mmmm).

We pottered around one of the two main streets and bumped into two people we met in Wellington.

We went to the bar at the lodge for tea before going back to our room.

We had a chat with Emma and Grahame and played some solitaire.

We were shattered so a nice shower and early night was in order!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb