New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
July 10th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

New Zealand, Aateoroa to the Maoris . Where men are men and the sheep are not nervous. A land of hills and mountains, Rugby and horse racing, Kiwi fruit and wool sweaters, Outdoor life and bungy jumping, not forgetting women prime ministers.................................

NEW ZEALAND;
The Kiwis were great to mix with, always friendly, in good spirits. If it's not done today, it'll be finished tomorrow was their attitude. They seemed to enjoy life at their own pace. Shop assistants were courteous and helpful. Discipline pedestrians, patiently obeying the traffic signals. Exiting a bus, passengers always acknowledged the driver with a thank you. In the bars, they were open to meeting new people, been Irish I always got a warm welcome.....................................







AUCKLAND;
I worked four months in Auckland, lodging in a local backpackers, it was all good..............................





NEW ZEALAND, SOUTH ISLAND;
Half-way down the west coast of the South Island is one of this country's astonishing attractions.
The glaciers, ice rivers.
Nowhere else in the world have glaciers advanced so close to the sea at this latitude.
Special footwear with prong grips
Hostel kitchen, AucklandHostel kitchen, AucklandHostel kitchen, Auckland

A late supper with two of my favourite people, Rica from Japan and sea horse of Sri Lanka. They were never short of humour.
were necessary. These boots were you saviour. Gingerly treading on planks across crevasses. Narrow paths with steep edges. Squeezing through blue ice tunnels. This is pure natural, not justifiable with photos.......................


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

GlaciersGlaciers
Glaciers

In the South Island, ready for action on the ice mountain. Kelly, Sarah, Simon, me and Sam.
One-Three-HillOne-Three-Hill
One-Three-Hill

A famous hill in Auckland, sacred to the Maoris. With Rachel, a unique native.
In concertIn concert
In concert

Distraction, someone always tries it.
Scarborough country, South IslandScarborough country, South Island
Scarborough country, South Island

Magnificent beaches and clean water.
Bungy JumpingBungy Jumping
Bungy Jumping

Queenstown
South IslandSouth Island
South Island

NZ$275, a bargain 1965 triumph. Simon and me.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb