November '05 - On the Road Again


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
November 1st 2005
Published: November 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post



November 1 -
Crossed over from the North Island to the South Island aboard the Bluebridge, our favourite ferry. Good pricing, more than adequate interior accommodation plus the friendliest staff.
Went into Picton to pick up our mail and headed for the Picton Motor camp in town where we hang out on our visits here as we pass through.

November 2 -

Off to LeCafe in the morning on the waerfront our favourite coffee spot. Also needed to see what the entertainment was this weekend. They are in the habit of bringing in very good music usually. Brazilian I am told by Peter the Swiss owner.

Then it was off to Blenheim to have the bus brakes checked and pick up a few odds and ends before beginning our circuit south next Monday. This will be about 45 days and over 5000 kilometres before ending back in Picton. Then we re-group and do it again about three times to see if there are any new people and places we can report on plus the opportunity to shoot some great phots. I take about 3000 each trip around. Trying to get the shots as we travel on the road so the shots you get to see will be exactly what you wold see if you were here traveling. Too many times the beautiful photos you get to see cannot be actually seen as you would find it. Great to have a look at the helicopter flight shots but hard to see from the road.

More on Monday after we get going.....................on the road...................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb