You Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
August 15th 2006
Published: August 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Finally!



Finally got to do a sky dive in Wanaka at the fifth attempt, it was all quite surreal in the end, because after so many nearly attempts (including one that very morning when the plane didnt work) I dont think that i ever really thought that the jump would actually go ahead. The way that it all went ahead made it all the more surreal because within half an hour of arriving at the centre we were back down on the ground having finished the jump. I think because it was all so surreal i didnt really get nervous at any point during the whole experience. Even when i was sat on the edge of the plane with my feet dangling 12000 feet above the ground i still managed to stay calm. When you fall out of the plane its a completely disorientating experience as there really is too much going on for your mind to process it all at once, and again when you are freefalling (as your terminal velocity reaches 200mph) it is a similarly overwhelming experience. its only when the shute actually opens and you start your controlled descent that you can take it all in. That in itself is a strange experience because it is so calm and quiet, that you can have a conversation just like you are sitting with that person.

After a couple of drinks and food that night it was an early night in preparation for the full on queenstown.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb