Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
August 16th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Queenstown



As you have probably gathered im more than a little bit behind in the writing of this blog at the moment so will do the best i can from memory.

Unfortunately theres not actually too much to report from here because we sort of messed up and didnt leave to long here, wasnt really our fault as such, but was frustrating all the same.

In the end we were only here for 2 nights and one full day, which basically gave me enough time for 2 nights out and one day of snowboarding. Was a bit of a strain on the system as got home after the first night at about 5 am and had to get the bus at 7.15, then take on about 8 hours on the slopes before another night out and then leave the next day. Was a bit sad as although we had another night in christchurch it was really the end of our time in New Zealand.

Oh yeah forgot to mention before we even arrived in Queenstown i did the K-bridge bungee jump, which is the worlds first commercial bungy jump site. I originally signed up to do the thrillogy, which is all three in queenstown but due to time constraints it meant that if i were to do that - that i would be spending my entire time in queenstown jumping off things. I was sort of relieved not to have to do the nevis (2nd highest in world) but at the same was a little annoyed not to have done it.

We left queenstown on a 7 hour coach journey to christchurch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb