Wanaka Boxing Day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
December 29th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Boxing Day Wanaka
Didn't sleep too well last night legs were aching and I was a bit congested this morning thought I had flu but it wasn't that. Amanda made some poached eggs and just as we sat down to have breakfast we were skyped by Eve and Clive. It was lovely to See Steve's Mum and Kath and Ann and talk to them, SKYPE is an amazing thing! It is sometimes difficult as the conversation can overlap as there is a time delay on the speech but it is still brilliant to be able to talk and see someone at the same time.I tried to phone my Mum but the phone was always engaged which was disappointing. We went in to town and had an NZ coffee and then I stayed in town whilst the others went off for a bike ride and a run, Rob cycled in the morning so acted as chauffeur. I met a lady from Amesbury in Wiltshire who was on holiday visiting her daughter and had lost her wedding ring. We had a long chat about our children and feeling like you never do the right thing and feeling guilty and how that was a waste of time and generally putting the world to rights, nice lady wonder if I will bump in to her again. Amanda after running then went on a bike ride with Steve, and Harry and Lea returned, and Steve and Amanda rode back from Lake Hawea. Rob and I went to pick them up and we returned to have lunch, then we chilled before going to see The Hobbit which was in a little cinema with armchairs and you could take drinks in. We all found the Hobbit to be really entertaining and I want to see it again as there was so much to see. We came back and Rob cooked whole salmon which he had picked up from Lake Punakaki. The salmon was delicious spending the evening with good friends well that's priceless wish NZ was not so far away.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb