Christmas Day Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
December 26th 2012
Published: December 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Christmas Day Wanaka
The day started with a phone call from Naomi which was wonderful then after a quick breakfast, we made a picnic, opened presents around the Christmas tree which was great fun and we were spoiled rotten. We then went to the lake and boarded Robs boat which he made himself and we took off to the island of Mou Wahu. This island is very special as there is a lake on this island so in effect there is a lake within a lake. We climbed to the top of this island and the views were lovely. We picnicked in the shade as the sun was very hot and were careful not to feed the Weka's (small prehistoric looking birds) after our yummy picnic we went back to Wanaka as the wind had blown up, it was quite a bumpy ride but great fun. Steve Harry and Lea all went for a swim and I went in halfway as did Amanda but decided not to swim as we weren't that hot! The water was cold and although the dogs liked swimming in it I just didn't fancy it. We then returned home and had a delicious meal of cold ham salads and potatoes. We all mucked in and it all happened fairly quickly and we were soon tucking in. The ham was delicious as was all the food and the wine. We skyped Danny Betsy and the children and it was so lovely to see them however it did also make me miss them more. Later Clive and Eve skyped us and that was also lovely. It was now about 11.30 and feeling tired from the days activities we went to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb