powder and pulled muscles!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
September 20th 2010
Published: September 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

hope all is well back on the other side of the world. It's obveously quite a small world as we've bumped into loads of people from xscape the Castleford snowdome here in Wanaka. Which was quite handy for getting discounts on hire gear etc!!

So we left Dunedin behind us and escaped back into countryside in the Taieri Groge railway. Phil wa sa little disappointed that the light wasn't very good for his photos - not sure when he turned so arty?? The trip is nice and there are some amazing views off the edge of cliffs where they just let you get off the train - health and safety at home would have a heart attack if they saw what they let you do here!!!

We arrive in Wanaka to some cloudy rainy weather so the first day we just wandered around and went indoor climbing which was fun. We found the oher cow restaurant liz and have had a pizza there now - though phil thought the beer was a bit pricey!!!

The rain however brought our favourite stuff - SNOW - and we had a fresh powder day on saturday which was very nice. The slope at Treble cone are good but not a patch on europe in size and diversity. They do have alot of unpisted bowls which are pretty fun.
We snowboarded again on sunday but the old man managed to pull his groin muscle and so we bowed out early to the bar.

Tonight we are going to a crazy local cinema which has sofas for seats etc.

We're off to Franz Josef Glacier tomorrow. We're escaping the youth hostels and having some grown up accomodation at the Rainforest Retreat. Plenty of Spa use after the hike i suspect.

F and P xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



20th September 2010

Vin chaud!!
Glad you have got some snow boarding in. Have fun and have a vin chaud for me!!!! Cheers !! Take care A x

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb