The trip to Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
April 24th 2007
Published: April 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after getting very little sleep we got on the bus at 8 and set off foir Wanaka where we would be staying for the night, i was sad to leave Franz Josef as i hadnt done the glacier walk but once again the weather was pretty shitty so i didnt want to waste another day doing nothing.

The bus ride was another scenic one although are bus was rather smelly and kept on cutting out and then rolling back down the mountain. This happened a few times and we all had to give the bus (called Greta) encouragement, which actually seemed to strangely work. We also walked around some very nice lakes and gazed at the beautiful scenery.

We finally arrived in Wanaka and there wasnt really much to do, however we did go on a walk in the freezing cold, and it really was cold i had two t shirts and two jumpers on! The walk was actually quite nice and fortunately the rain stayed away. That night we went to the bar and ended up playing musicla chairs to see who won the prize of downhill mountain biking.

The next morning we were up at 9 and set off for Queenstown, once again the bus struggled up some hills and needed plenty of encouragement. On the way there we stopped off at the AJ Hackett Bungy jump place and some of the guys on the bus did the Bungy, me and Kimberley decided to wait till the morning and see if i could get on the nevis bungy which is, i believe to be the second biggest bungy jump in the world. Also i thought if not i can do a bungy for cheaper later on in my travels in Taupo in the North Island. Also we had just signed up to do the Mad Dog River Boarding and decided that was enough money to spend for the day.

That night we all went for a curry and then went for a drink, unfortuantely Kimbereley had decided to go for a very spicy curry and that mixed with beer ended up in tragedy. As i was to be up early to try and get on the bungy anyway i decided to head to bed as well. After a few times of throwing up and saying she would never eat spicy food again i made sure she was ok and then read my book and went to bed slightly worrying about the possibility of doing the 2nd biggest bungy in the world and also going down white water rapids on a body board.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb