At the bottom of the south island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Te Anau
October 4th 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Carolyns blog again

Was just checking back through the blogs and realised that the last three didnt publish so hopefully they are all up there now.
We are in Te anau and will be leaving this morning to head to Dunedin, Christchurch tomorrow and then back to Lock on thursday via Sydney and Adelaide.
Yesterday we went to Milford Sound which was magnificent. The weather was beautiful and it has been for the last 4 days. The drive down was a bit hairy, just over 2 hours for 120 kms. Snow on the edges of the road and on the way back a bus broke down in a 31/2 km tunnel through a mountain and we were stuck in the tunnel for a while. Was probably only 15 minutes but seemed a lot longer with water dripping around us!
Have decided that ginger tablets are the best way to stop Nausea when travelling, no one has been sick at all but the roads here are really good even through the mountains, much better than driving through Tasmania. Georgia is hoping that we get to Dunedin in time to do a tour through the chocolate factory but we will have to wait and see.
this will probably be the last entry so will see you back in Australia shortly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb