Hello From Carolyn


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 2nd 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Carolyns blog

I am taking over from Georgia for today

New Zealand has been a spectacular holiday, we have travelled through some beautiful country and no one has been sick. The weather in the first week was pretty windy and wet but it didnt really stop us from doing too much, Jack and Georgia wanted to go skydiving which the weather did stop in the first week but now they arent as keen as they were to start with. We travelled from the North Island to the South Island by ferry which took about three hours and then we had a six hour train trip. It goes quickly when you are looking at snow covered mountains and beautiful countryside. After a couple of days in Christchurch=, in an old apartment that we think my have been haunted!, we drove to Queenstown, the extreme sports capital. The kids have been jet boating, skiing, snowboarding and this morning Steven and Tom went white water rafting, the other two were too young otherwise they would have been there as well. At 5.30 the AFL grand final replay will be shown at several pubs in town so we will go and barrack for Saint Kilda yet again. Tomorrow we head off to Te Anau which is close the Milford Sound where we will do a cruise and then back through Dunedin and Christchurch again before flying home on Thursday.
I am going to try and add some photos to this now so I will speak to you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb