The furthest south we have ever been...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Southland » Catlins
December 11th 2005
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now in the Catlins which is the southern bit if the South Island . We spent the day driving here and visiting various tourist spots on the way. One of the places we visited was the petrified forest. The trees there are thought to be 180 million years old! The wood has now been turned to stone by petrification - don't really know how it works but it is pretty cool.

We are staying on a sheep farm with 2000 sheep! There are also chickens too as we get a free egg every day for breakfast. Considering this is a hostel it is super nice. When we arrived we had to have our photo taken as they have an album with photos of all the the people who have stayed there with their names and where they are from. When we were leafing through it who should we see a picture of but Vicki and Jo!

Another great thing about this hostel is that they have lambs that you can feed. They were so cute and very greedy. One of them kept trying to escape!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Feeding the lambsFeeding the lambs
Feeding the lambs

The lambs should have finished being bottle fed by now but they have become a bit of an attraction so they still get fed in the evening!


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb