Day 169 New Zealand, Wanaka to Queenstown.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
May 6th 2015
Published: May 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,



Woke up and had great egg and bacon sandwich, we’ve not had one in ages so went down so really well!!



Today our plan was to get to Queenstown we went the long way to go to the wineries (this added about 2 hours on the journey).



We went to Aurum first – wine was good cheese platter was better; then to Quartz Reef - there Brut wine was amazing; George town was very good, their Rieslings were the best, and Pinot Noir was great, lastly went to Peregrine, we had the most amazing 2013 Sauvignon Blanc- so good!!!! I really enjoyed the tasting, unfortunately for Vick who was driving just got to do the sniffing haha. We met another couple who we kept bumping into at the vineyards, it was nice chatting as we are limited on other peoples company at the moment with staying in the camper and avoiding camp sites due to cost.



We drove to Queenstown parked up on a residential road a short walk from the centre, and had a lunch of sandwiches (Cheese and Spag bowl…you got to try it!!), then wrote out a few blogs then walked into town for a look around.



Queenstown is small but packed with people, mainly European travellers and Asians!! Not many locals it seems even working in the shops. It’s one of the prettiest towns though with great scenery all around. It definitely has a ski resort feel to it.



It was pouring with rain, but we walked up to the gondola station, which was taking people up to Coronet Peak for amazing views over the town and mountains. It was expensive to go up and late in the day so we saw there was a walking trail up so we planned to do it tomorrow and hopefully the weather couldn’t get any worse.



We looked around town but in was raining so much we gave in and headed back to the van to start on dinner and have a nice relaxed evening. The camper seemed to be fine parked where it was so we decided to stay here for the night.



I cooked us Mexican spaghetti bowl, strange as the tomatoes had Mexican spices in but tasted good still!!! We watched the ‘Imitation Game” was really good.



Night all,



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb