Queenstown...a town fit for a queen


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 12th 2010
Published: March 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: turn your head sideways. 42 secs
paragliderparagliderparaglider

Queenstown
Day 6: 12-2-10
The previous day we heard a tale about a bridge in Cromwell, at least 16 meters tall and perfect for jumping off of. I assumed with a name like Cromwell it must only be folk lore but the boys were determined to find it... and sure enough we did. Abby and I decided that we wanted our first shower in about 5 days to last longer than a wapping 20 minutes so we opted out. The sound of Eric and Will hitting the water later reinforced my decision. After the early morning adrenaline rush we were off to Queenstown. For lunch we had our first authentic New Zealand fish and chips, complete with all 4,500 calories of deep fried delightfulness. Most of the afternoon was spent walking around town visiting tons of shoppes filled with surfing paraphernalia, outdoor gear, and camping equipment. A latte at one of the town's stylistically modern coffee shops helped with a late afternoon pick-me-up.

Back to the van and onward to Bluff- a town advertised as the most southern point of NZ, but doesn't look that way after examining an atlas. We had originally decided to stay the night here but after seeing the whole town in a matter of minutes, we were left in a state of bewilderment as to where all the southern charm was and left just as fast as we had come. We managed to take a few photos though at the towns sole tourist site...a road sign with heaps of arrows pointing to far away lands labeled in back and yellow.

Traveling late into the night we finally found refugee in Waikawa.

Camper-van lesson #6: Before going to bed check the weather report. If weathermen call for rain, remember to shut the windows.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th March 2010

WE BELIEVE
SOOO good to see you!! You are in your element and we're loving this blog! Keep it going please!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb