BUNGY!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 14th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last night we spent the night in a small town called Wanaka. It is a really beautiful place that is on the edge of a glassy lake called... Lake Wanaka! Very original! We went out for dinner as it was Mel's birthday, and we had really nice food for dinner. Then we watched the end of the movie 'In her shoes' as we had a TV in our room, and the movies were FREE!

This morning we left Wanaka at around 9am, and went to 'Puzzling World' where we walked through the illusion rooms, and saw all of the holographic illusions, and went into a slanted room that made your head go really funny, and made you want to fall over! We took some photos, and then sat in the cafe and tried some of the puzzles that they have out on the tables. Some of the puzzles drove us completely insane, as they really seem to be impossible.

We then drove about an hour to the site of the first ever AJ Hackett bungy jump, and we were shown a video about bungy jumping and how it started. Then the people who wanted to bungy went and checked in while the rest of us were shown how bungy cords are made, and what they are made of. Turns out they are made of trouser elastic!

Mel went and did her bungy, and I watched from the viewing platform next to the bridge. I was the official camerawoman, and I got a video of her throwing herself off the edge! It looked really scary, but she said that she enjoyed it so that is good.

Now we have arrived in Queenstown, and we got into our room at around 14:30 to find all of the curtains closed and lights off.... I pulled open the curtains and let all of the sunlight in, waking up the guy who was sleeping, but to be honest it was funny, as he should have been out of bed by then!

We are now going to do some shopping so that we can make spaghetti bolognese for dinner. YUM!


Advertisement



16th April 2008

Bungee!
Well done Mel, I'm glad you've done all the fun/crzy things that you wanted to now. Good to hear you had a fun birthday too, it was great to talk to you, i guess you owe lauren a dinner now! keep having fun and it will be good to see you when you're back. take care, steve x

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb