Roger that! Our coordinates are S 45°02.120' E 168°39.144'


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lake WakatipuLake WakatipuLake Wakatipu

Ryan and I are chilling outside our hostel.
After a 12 hour flight from LAX and an Ambien induced coma, we have arrived in New Zealand. We arrived in Auckland at about 6:00 am New Zealand time on May 31st, which is somewhere around 10am on May 30th at home. We had a 4 hour layover between our 2 hour flight into Queenstown which, by the way was about as nerve racking as a Tijuana taxi ride. Not only did we pull some serious g's making turns at a low altitude, but we were in between mountainsides where our wings were only a couple hundred yards away. Not to mention the fact that the wind made our descent pretty rough. However, we landed safely to discover a rainy little alpine village. Not exactly the change of weather we were looking for, but whatever, at least we are on holiday, as they say down under. It is supposed to clear up soon.

We decided to wander around town for a bit, get a bite to eat at some place called Fergburgers...haha...and then went to find some information and figure out what the hell we are going to do. We stopped by a skydiving place to talk about booking
Arriving in AucklandArriving in AucklandArriving in Auckland

Ryan is full of energy after sitting for 12 hours.
a jump but apparently they have a weight limit...it's 100kg, or about 220 lbs. I am right at the edge of that....they said I would probably be ok, but shit...I am gonna starve myself for a few days so I can be more than "ok" before I throw myself out of a freakin' airplane. Moral of the story is...hopefully they weren't just trying to sell us a jump, because that would suck. Anyways we moved on, stopping by the liquor store to gather some essentials and then proceeded to the lake to take a few pictures for all of you fine folks in the viewing audience.

We plan on calling it an early night tonight seeing as we are kinda tired and need to acclimate. Anyways, we are gonna take off, but talk to you all very soon.

Advertisement



31st May 2007

Made it safely.
Glad to hear you guys made it there OK. Have a good time and looking forward to more updates.
31st May 2007

i am sooo envious!!!;)
good to hear you`ve arrived safely!!if you want to drive around new zealand with a camper van i know a cheap and good place for hiring those vans in auckland!!... can´T remember the name right now but will check that for you if you want... if you are thinking about getting a tattoo at all go and see rodrigo nasa from hammerhead tattoo in tauranga(north osland)!!!
31st May 2007

10-4
Awesome! So glad you both arrived safe and sound... Just so you know, we continued the debauchery after your departure...we kept toasting to the Pekrul bros.
1st June 2007

No don't jump!
Ha ha! That is the weight limit, be careful! Glad you guys arrived safely and I look forward to following your journey. xoxo KP
1st June 2007

Fasten up your headbelts, its time to ride the sky!
Skydiving eh? Do me a favor, even though it'll be your first jump so you'll have some dude permantly attached to you like a homo on a sexual rampage, pretend your Superman. Do it for me. And about that weight limit, I bet those lines are tested at like 1000 pounds and thats just a safety precaution. Don't worry. Godspeed...Pekrul Brothers!
1st June 2007

Great beginning to your adventure!
Well, it sounds like you made it safe and sound to your first destination. Enjoy! We are most envious and wishing you lots of continuous good vibrations and adventures. Your old boss..........

Tot: 0.429s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 17; qc: 57; dbt: 0.3413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb