Milford Sound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Milford Sound at a GlanceMilford Sound at a GlanceMilford Sound at a Glance

This was a view shot by Ryan from our cruise boat on the sound.
Hey guys, we just got back from our adventure in Glenorchy and Milford Sound. Glenorchy was where they filmed a majority of the scenes from Lord of the Rings. It was just a very small town with only a few shops. To get around we rented this piece of shit car we aptly named the Grey Goose because it was a grey '86 Ford station wagon. After we adjusted to the backwards driving situation we drove all night through the fog and tunnels over these huge mountain roads to Milford Sound. We thought the Grey Goose was going to explode or the brakes would go out and hurl us off the cliffs sending us to our fiery deaths...it was awesome! Milford was absolutely beautiful and the pictures we posted can't fully describe the scenery. We drove the scenic milford road back to Queenstown stopping for some nature hikes. I wanted us to run down some trails and yell to the other hikers, "Turn and run for your lives...Now!" but we didn't...We are headed up to Franz Josef glacier in the morning so we will post again in a couple days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Waterfalls in MilfordWaterfalls in Milford
Waterfalls in Milford

It rained the night before but was sunny, perfect combination for waterfall photo op.


3rd June 2007

Oh my...
I've seen that jacket before! Wait...this isn't useful...
5th June 2007

good times
glad you guys made it safe. Cause lots of trouble and try not to die. I also have decided to take a big trip myself now. This coming weekend I am just going to sack up and take a trip from Alpine to Carlsbad wish me luck.
9th June 2007

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time- Hope that quarter life crisis is starting to come into focus!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb