Ferry to Picton


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
January 22nd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Picton 080Picton 080Picton 080

The Villa in Picton
I’m really glad we decided to stay in Picton for a night. I was expecting it to be just a place where the ferry came to, but Picton is actually a very cute little town. We’re staying at a really cool little hostel, The Villa, and it’s so homey and cozy. We’re staying in a room out back off of the patio. There are games inside and gardens all around the house, plus pets (including a vegetable eating cat)!

We left Wellington on the ferry this morning and enjoyed the views and did crosswords to pass the time on our journey across the strait. Once we got to Picton, Sha and I went to the grocery store and picked up some veggies for salad and some humus and bread for dinner. After eating out so much the past few days, we were both really craving vegetables. On the shuttle from the ferry to the Villa, we bumped into a girl that we had met at World Wide the day before. We also befriended a guy from Oregon at dinner and he recommended a bunch of places for us to stay on the South Island. We all decided to take advantage of the hostel’s free spa and hung out and relaxed until they closed it up. NZ is so wonderful! The travellers are so friendly and it is so beautiful here! You could see the stars from the spa and they were so bright. I am more excited than ever to see the rest of the South Island now. I really can’t wait!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb