Off to Nelson we go


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
January 23rd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our travels thus far in NZ


Nelson055Nelson055Nelson055

A really pink car in Nelson
We spent this morning walking around Picton and going into all the little shops. We ended up buying sleeping bags and then went on a little walk over a little bridge to the other side of the harbor and sat on Shelly Beach and watched ships. For lunch we stepped into a little Dutch bakery right down the street from our hostel and it turned out to be an excellent decision. It was incredibly delicious - mmm. We sat on the Villa’s porch and ate our baked goods until it was time to catch our bus to Nelson.

Thus far, Nelson seems a little different than what I was expecting. It’s less like a little artsy town and more like one giant suburb. According to our bus driver, it’s also the second largest town on the South Island, which I didn’t know until today either. We’re staying at the YHA again, although this one is much nicer than the one in Auckland. It’s also right next to a supermarket. After dinner we watched “Whale Rider” with some other backpackers and then delved into the WWOOFing manual to try and find some work possibilities nearby.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb