A late night road trip, two crabs and a man from san diego


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
January 15th 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were Knackered when we finished the Kayacking tour but decided to plod on to picton so we would have a day to enjoy the vinyards of the Marlboough region.

Ken from our trip hitched a ride and sat up front while I lay up back on the bed so the coppers wouldnt see me......After an hour driving we stopped off in Nelson next to a chippy, as we were starving.

Graham and I milled around outside eyeballing the menu and deciding if we were hungry enough for a full scoop of chips to accompany our deep fried battered blue cod mmm mmm mmm. Ken returned from the restroom and pronounced that he did not eat fried foods, which was very clear from the Man's physique, as being in his sixties, he had muscles on his muscles!!

Being polite, albeit starving Graham and I moped off round the corner to the seafood cafe and ordered steemed fish with boiled rice. Now the boiled rice was explained as being with chilli and crab and I expected it to be shelled and mixed in with the rice.

Well you should have seen our faces when our dinner arrived with the intact crab proudly sat on our plates and we were handed pliers and a pick each. Well we did say this holiday was for trying new things!! the thing about crab is that it takes so long to get anything out and even then its a mere morsal of food never enough to satisfy hungry bellies.

We did not arrive in Picton until after ten as the two guys were left in charge of the map reading and we went the long way round



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb