Wine in Wine country


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Blenheim
January 17th 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Blenheim is not much of place really.....give or take 40 plus boutique vinyards in the area ......yeh baby! The Marlborough region is famous for its sauv blancs and I was never a big fan of white wine .....but oo how my tastes have changed.

After a nice chilled morning in Picton we drove to Blenheim ( 30 mins ) to join a wine tour. On the tour there was a young couple from Ireland who were a bit trollied already and a couple of American girls who were clearly spitting and not swallowing as they were sober and had neatly laid out tasting notes!!

As they all took a lunch, Graham and I were driven to an organic winery to taste some goods....

Graham and I had never done this before and we pretty much finished every glass of wine that was presented to us, they were all delicious but we were very amatuerish in our manner in tasting the wines as we had noone to copy at this stage.

We actually visited 6 cellar doors and in each place you are given a fair slug of each of the varieties that they have to offer - yup we were sozzled ( hic hic )


.http://www.seresin.co.nz/wines.asp

http://www.spyvalleywine.co.nz/wines.php

http://www.hunters.co.nz/


Above are three of the vinyards we visited before falling fast aslep in a contented stooper in our van. The poor guide was handed my tasting notes to decipher and I have selected 12 bottles to send home.....a tasty selection of sauvs, gris and noirs a cheeky wee reisling and a fruity gewurtzheimer ----- ooooo get me!!!








Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb