Reefton and Paparoa National Park


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Paparoa National Park
February 19th 2017
Published: February 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we started by traveling by bus to Reefton, the location of start of the New Zealand gold rush, which effectively populated New Zealand and especially the western shore. We had lunch and moved on to our trip down the coast to the Paparoa National Park which offers unbelievable ocean vistas and includes a small selection of West Coast Fur Seals. I must say I was unimpressed by the Reefton stop. It is similar to what can be seen in the US in Dahlonega, Georgia.



But, our trip to the Paparoa National Park was really unbelievable. We went on a long walk along the coast in the National Park and it included stunning views of the ocean that at least for me, brought Lord of the Rings to mind. It was just beautiful. Too much for words, I have included pictures from this beautiful place.



We finished by going by the site called Pancake Rocks where the rock structure looks like stacked pancakes. A very unusual site.



Tomorrow we leave for a trip to Christchurch and a flight to the New Zealand capital, Wellington. After 2 days in Wellington, I return to the US. While this has been a trip of a lifetime, I miss my bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb