Queenstown is FUN (and a bit about dinners here)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
February 24th 2005
Published: February 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday after I spent 2 hours in the Internet place, we went to see what's going on here. It's the first town here that is not asleep at 10PM. We went to a bar, I had 2 beers, we danced, everything was very happy. I hope it's not the only place in NZ like that...

Today I did the jet boat ride. That was FUN!!!!! It's a boat that goes really fats on the river, and it's unique in the ability to turn very quickly, on the spot, even 360 degrees. So the driver gets close to the rocks and gets away at the last second, and he does 360 degrees spins, and we all cry "WOW" and it's a good laugh :-) They call it group teraphy...
After that we drove to the town of Glenorchy that is at the other end of the lake, the road is again SOOOOO beautiful, we don't get used and never have enough. In Glenorchy we happened to see sheep getting their haircut, or better say shave. Going to NZ and not seeing this is like not going to NZ at all. And I even saw a black&white sheep, did you ever see
More jet boatMore jet boatMore jet boat

On Shotover river in Queenstown
one?

But the highlight of the day was our dinner... The calamari rings with vegetables, sautee "a la chef Anat" were really tasty. I didn't know I can do actually do it :-) People looked at our plates with real jealousy...
In some of the backpackers the kitchen is small and/or not clean and we have no motivation to cook, then we buy ready lasagnas and stuff like that, just to put in the microwave. But some backpackers have such nice kitchens, like here and in Wanaka, that everybody cooks and we are inspired to do it too. The calamari was bought in the good old methods of our university days - buy whatever is on sale... the frozen vegetables were on sale too of course. The result was delicious and if I sound arogant it's true as I was really satisfied with myself :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb