Holi celebrations


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Dunedin
April 9th 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My First Holi at Dunedin



BHARI PICHKARI BHEEGI TORI CHUNARI RE
DUNEDIN MEIN KHELNE HOLI,
AAYE DILWALON KI YE TOLI RE

On April 9. 2006 we celebrated HOLI in Dunedin. However it was a bit late (orignal date was I think march 15, 2006) but better late than never.

Ab yahan par gulal to milta nahin hai so we had to manage with water colours. The one being used to paint faces during the rugby game here. The plus point of these colours is that they are washable so come off immediately without any effort. So no coloured hands and faces after holi. Kya hai sara mazza hi chala gaya.

We were also visited by a Kiwi family who enjoyed it a lot. You can recognize then easily in the pictures.

We had some good music along with the colours. Bade dinon baad punjabi gane sune. I also met a guy from Chandigarh here (Karan). So now I even have someone to talk to in Panjabi. The good thing is no one understands what we say.

Ther were about 25-30 people. Some were pure Indians, some were Kiwi Indians and some Fiji Indians. But they were Indians.

It
was good experience.

MAIN KYA JI HAPPY HOLI!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The DJ'sThe DJ's
The DJ's

What is HOLI without some music!
The whole gangThe whole gang
The whole gang

Some are pure Indians, some Kiwi Indians and some Fiji Indians.
Who should be the next one???Who should be the next one???
Who should be the next one???

the stratagic planners..........
Aaj nahin chodunga...........Aaj nahin chodunga...........
Aaj nahin chodunga...........

Look at me not the background.
Koon DESI koon VIDESHIKoon DESI koon VIDESHI
Koon DESI koon VIDESHI

Holi ke rang mein sab ek jaise lagtae hain
So Sweet!So Sweet!
So Sweet!

She was really confused to see such funny and colourful creatures.
Kavita and MeKavita and Me
Kavita and Me

She is also a Fijian Indian.
Atish and his car............. before the attack!Atish and his car............. before the attack!
Atish and his car............. before the attack!

He was not willing to play Holi, but good days dont last for long. ha ha ha ha!


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb