Richmond Day 2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region
December 2nd 2022
Published: December 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

The boys were going to go fishing this morning, but it was too windy so … another lazy day was had by all. We ventured out briefly to the collection of shops on McShane Road near the highway. There was a lovely craft shop with loads of gorgeous wool and knitting patterns, but I managed to resist buying anything. I already have a knitting project to finish (two actually!) AND yarn that I purchased during the last lockdown that I haven’t even started on yet … There are some lovely gourmet food shops at this complex so Robin and Sandra stocked up on a few of their faves.

Before returning home we called in at the Eyebright Country Store. A year round gift emporium it specializes in all things Christmassy at this time of the year. We bought a few small Christmas items to take home with us. The store also boasts a beautiful garden and the Wendelton Guinea Pig Village which was very cute! We drove home via the Richmond Mall so we could purchase some fresh bread and a few other food staples for lunch and dinner.

During the afternoon we were introduced to a couple of new games, Quiddler and Rummy-O. I started really well at Quiddler but, in the second last hand, I was dealt nearly all consonant cards. It is extremely difficult to make words without any vowels! It was Robin’s afternoon with him winning both games … not that we were really scoring or keeping a record of these frivolous games!!

We then decided to played Jo before dinner so that the main event could be finished earlier tonight with the boys planning to try for a fishing outing again early tomorrow morning. Sandra won so the Aussies haven’t had any luck yet at Jo.

After dinner we managed to fit in two games of Bolivia winning one game each. That leaves New Zealand with a 4-2 lead.



Steps for the day: 4,357 (2.91km)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb