Mount Cook


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mt. CookMt. CookMt. Cook

Towering with its snowy white peakt over the turquise green water of Lake Pukaki this is New Zealands highest and most beautiful mountain.
We did not have time to go down the South Island west coast to see the famous glaciers and Fjordland or even Queentown were also too far away. Instead we spent more time on the east side of the Southern Alps, around Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki, and Mt. Cook.
The weather was as good as it can be. We had great views across the turquise green water of Lake Pukaki, a beautiful sunset, and a clear and sunny visit to New Zealands highest mountains, Mt. Cook and Mt. Tasman. We had a really good times those days. Always in the nature under open sky, coming before the first tourists come, staying longer than anybody else, enjoying sunsets made only for us. And not to forget all the nice camping dinners with red wine and lots of "Tasty Cheese".


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sir Edmund HillarySir Edmund Hillary
Sir Edmund Hillary

A citizen of New Zealand he did some exercise in the area before he turned to greater objectives.
Church of the Good ShepherdChurch of the Good Shepherd
Church of the Good Shepherd

On the way to Mt. Cook we passed Lake Tekapo and this small wind-beaten church at its shore.
Lake PukakiLake Pukaki
Lake Pukaki

The color is just unbelievable.
Sunset ColorsSunset Colors
Sunset Colors

Panorama at Lake Pukaki.
Forrest HomeForrest Home
Forrest Home

In the evening we just drove into the middle of this forrest to hide from the upcoming thunderstorm. Just to emerge again under a cristal clear sky the next morning.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb