No Sunday blues over here


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Motueka
April 28th 2013
Published: April 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Dear all,

It's Sunday evening. We are sat in the van having taken a stroll into town, stocked up on beer and eaten chips from the local chippy. We are here in Motueka, almost at Abel Tasman national park.

After I wrote on Friday we decided to head into the town for the evening. We went and sampled local steaks and pies and then stumbled on an Irish bar called The Strawberry Tree. It was a great place and it was jam night so we heard some pretty cool live music. It was obviously the place to go for locals and there was plenty of local sagas going on with the two local ladies and the three men who all looked the same!! Great people watching.



Since I last wrote we said goodbye to Kaikoura and headed up the coast to Blenheim. It was a stunning journey through some amazing scenery and a seal colony along the way. Blenheim was a strange place. It's in the major wine making area but other than drinking wine there wasn't a huge amount to do. We stayed one night and I cooked us some New Zealand lamb. It was very tasty but I felt sorry for the lamb afterwards.

This morning we got up and did the two hour journey here. Again we had stunning scenery and we are trying to commit it all to memory. Photos will never do this place justice. Tomorrow we may do a wine tour or we might just pack up and head up the coast. The weather today was amazing and we both have rosy cheeks. Apparently this is an unusually warm Autumn, which suits us fine!!

So that's it for now. Ash is gradually sampling the local beers and tonight we are having some of the local wine. One thing is certain, there are no Sunday Blues going on here!!!

Love and hugs,

Wend and Ash xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb