Lake Tekapo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Tekapo
July 27th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Emma wakes up at 7am and watches the sun come up over Lake Tekapo. It is absolutely stunning - one of the nicest views i have ever seen in my life. The mountains in the background (the southern alps) are all covered in snow and the lake is blue/green aqua clear and gorgeous colours. The mountains seem to rise from the lake. We have some porridge by the side of the road and make our way to the campsite.

We have picnic lunch overlooking the lake in the sunshine. Another Scottish guy in the supermarket!! Hee hee!! Then we try and climb Mount John which is near our campsite. We meet a little old man who is about 80 and in his shorts (when i say cold i really mean it!) and he has climbed it. Surely it can't be that difficult! No. Me and Emma slip all over the place and deck it a couple of times on the ice and snow. Still, we get some nice photos of it all. Chris makes it to the top in record time and slides all the way back down to meet us. Fearless is his middle name!

Me and Emma spend an hour taking photos of the lake. The sun is perfect and the reflection on the water is amazing. Drive round the lake to get the perfect sunset photo. Back at the 'village' we pick up a Chinese takeaway and head back to our TV room/bedroom!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb