Queenstown adventures!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
August 8th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in the party capital of New Zealand and disapointed we are not! They have everything you could possibly dream of doing here - even if that's only heading to the nearest cosy pub for some mulled wine! We've been here for a week now, catching up with Gordy and waiting for our friend Tom to arrive. Emily is seriously contemplating a bungy, or at least a canyon swing, but why do today what can be put off until tomorrow! Gordon has booked the 'thrillogy' for Friday where he is going to throw himself off a ledge not once, but three times in a row hahaha!! Emily has been taking advantage of the mountains round here and has been skiing to Coronet Peak and the Remarkables ski fields and Emma has been off fishing in Lake Wakitipu (and catching our dinner of salmon and trout!!). Skiing here isn't like Europe but it's certainly better than Scotland!
Yesterday we took a trip to Wanaka where we went to Puzzle world and boy, were we puzzled! Then we took a trip to Cinema Paradiso which has cars and lazyboys for seats and bakes cookies the size of pancakes! Watched a documentary about the rise of snowboarding and it has only made me want to get back to the slopes pronto!!
Heading for Te Anau and Milford Sound in the next couple of days and then off to climb a glacier. Only in New Zealand. Tee hee !


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Puzzle World, WanakaPuzzle World, Wanaka
Puzzle World, Wanaka

We are standing straight - the room is at an angle!!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb