Kaikoura


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Travelling north up the Cantebury Plains we arrived in Kaikoura just after lunch. Whilst there is plenty to see and do in Kaikoura, such as Whale watching, dolphin swimming and seal swimming, on our Kiwi Experience pass we travel through both Christchurch and Kaikoura twice. So we decided to wait until the next time around to do any expensive activities as the dollar was always running out.

On the way to Kaikoura, we stopped along the coast to check out some seals on some rocks.

We met this dude called Chris on the Kiwi bus who was doing basically the same thing as us in New Zealand, and as he was travelling on his own, we decided to travel as far as Queenstown together. In Kaikoura we stayed in the 'Topspot' hostel. I made various unfunny jokes about reversing the 's' and the first 'p' on the sign outside.

This time around we stayed in Kaikoura for just one night, and had a few beers (I wonder how many times I've written that!) in a few bars, most notably a beer called 'sheep shaggers' in a bar called 'The Strawberry Tree'. Another early start beckoned so we hit the sack early doors. None of us were liking these early starts that the Kiwi Experience kept forcing us to make.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb