Christchurch 1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
May 20th 2007
Published: May 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Although we went back to Sydney for a couple of days, there wasn't that much to say, apart from a night out in the gaff as part of Dan's birthday celebrations as he had his birthday on the quieter Fijian island, where we all had a few (too many) beers. From Sydney we headed to New Zealand!

The first thing about Christchurch that every guide book also mentions, is how Engish it feels. We checked in to the Base hostel right in Cathedral Square, in the centre of the city. On the first day we went for a walk to the edge of the city (although it's the south island's largest city, it's the size of a large town back home) and didn't really find much of interest. That night we went out, starting off in the bar below our hostel, and ending up in a bar called Shooters, that was busy for a saturday night but lacking the backpacker crowd.

The next day we took another walk in town, this time in the other direction and found a local market and the river. Walking along the river reminded us all of home, with the weather similar to that of Autumn. The next day we were booked on the the Kiwi Experience bus so it was time for a few games of pool and an early night.

This is the Kiwi Exp. Pass we're doing




Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb