At the whale wash yeah der der der


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
February 21st 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a long drive and a stop over in wellington ferry car park we arrived in out new home the space ship named Mir. Our new home consists of a van type car with 4 seats and a matress...not really big enough for 3 but after various attempts and trials of possitioning it is possible to sleep 3 (we have the car for 22 days so it has to be possible! the cooker spins out fron the side so we can cook food wherever we stop and the boot lifts up and out springs a tent for additional space (not much though it like sardines with 3 in there)...the car does have a dvd player and enough room in the chiller for 6 cans of beer...bonus!

The Main attraction here was the fact they sold cider in the irish pub and the whale watching. We got up at 6am and went in search of the giant sperm whale that are residents here and believe it or not we spotted one straight away then another one resting on the waters surface taking in air and blowing it out (just like in cartoons).

These creatures are so cool they are the 3rd biggest whale of the ocean and when they dive you see their tail go up in the air and then down just like on all the postcards you see its was stunning!

On the way back we saw litrally what seemed like hundreds of black and white dolphins feeding and playing in the sea, jumping and spinning, it was incredible, ive never experienced anything like it before.

We also went to see the sheep being sheared, it was fasinating, i got abit carried away with it all..please see photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

me being a dick usuall!me being a dick usuall!
me being a dick usuall!

this is what id look like if i was a sheep!


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb