Hanmer Springs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
February 12th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It didn't stop raining all night so another wet morning but it's not dampening our mood! We are off to the springs this morning.
We got there for 10am when it opened. It's only NZ$14 pp for a day pass which is about 5 pounds each and you can stay there as long as you wanted. We went to the thermal pools, there were quite a few of them. We got changed then headed to one of the mineral and sulfar pools at 37 degres - nice and warm! It rained all morning but it was a nice contrast! The pools were steaming, some had water jets and there were 3 pools, just sulfar, that smelt of egg and they were at 40 and 41 degres - we left them until last! I had a skin reaction after 10 mins of being in these so i ended up in the nice warm pools and left Chris in there!
It's such a nice place here, there is an Alpine smell everywhere, very mountain like, would be amazing in the winter with the snow everywhere!
We then drove 3hrs 15 to Greymouth and camped. It was still raining so we didn't bother going down to the beach...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0953s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb