Greymouth to Glaciers


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Fox Glacier
February 13th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Franz Josef GlacierFranz Josef GlacierFranz Josef Glacier

View from the car park
We didn't get to bed until really late as we got talking to a young couple from Falmouth ! They seemed so relieved to talk to people who knew where they were from! We packed up, luckly the rain had stopped this morning so we manged to get the tent dried out! We left around 10.30am and drove to the franz Josef Glacier. We went to the visitor car park and walked up to the viewing point, a 20 min return walk. Pretty amazing to see! Then we carried on to the Fox Glacier, 30 mins down the road.
We went to the first caravan park but they didn't have tent sites so we only had the choice of one other. It was NZ$17 pp/pn and as it was the only place we had to pay! We were staying 2 nights here as we wanted a non driving day tomorrow as we were climbing the Glacier.
Once tent up we walked into the village, not much here! We asked the I centre about the White water Rafting and skydiving in Queenstown - seems like the prices are the same throughout the various companies. We popped into the Fox Glacier walking centre to register and ask about the walk.
We went back to the tent, Chris went for a run and i watched American Idol 8 as that was the only thing on TV - Sad i know!!! We cooked dinner and went to bed early, we wanted to be as fresh as possible for tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb