Christchurch to Hanmer Springs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
February 11th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Upon time today, packed up a very wet tent and had breakfast with milk!! a novelty for us!!! then off to Hanmer Springs.
It's about 2hrs 15 from Christchurch. Fun drive in the rain but the scenary is still stunning even in the rain! The rain and steam was rolling through the hills...
We arrived around 12pm found a campsite, Alpine Tourist Park ( only $20 a night! ), set up our very wet tent and had a looka round. The campsites are so much better here than Australia and cheaper too! We went into the small town, had a look at the shops and had a coffee. We went down the road to do a walk along the river, the rain had eased off a bit so we wanted to make the most of it. But there was only this one walk open as all the others had been closed down due to bush fires...
We watched a load of kids in the playing field who were filming for a children's TV show - that was fun!
Went back to the campsite after the walk, i had a little nap as i was tired - really couldn't get over the time change! So Chris read his book. Afetr dinner we worked out our itinery for the next 4 weeks. We needed to have dates to book our dolphin tour and the Ferry over to the North Island.
AT 9pm we had found a stack of really old videos in the TV room so we sat down and watched " The sword in the Stone" and felt like kids again!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb