Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 10th 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We both woke up late today, NZ time! As we have lost 2 hours our bodyclocks aren't quite with it yet! We had breakfast at lunchtime and then drove into town.
We found a good carpark in the centre. We went to Cathedral square with the millenium Sculpture in the middle. This was also the main stop for the trams! We had a look around the shops, saw some good souvenirs and went to the Information centre. It's amazing how much info they have for this place, there are thick guide books for the whole country, AA road maps and area guides, you don't need to bring a lonely planet or anything as it is all here for free! There was also a small market in the squar with some gorgeous jewellary - i could spend a fortune! Chris bought a fleece as it was a bit chilly and he only had one jumper. We also needed some more trousers as we only had 1 light pair and jeans each. We found asecond hand shop and both found a cheap pair - between 3 and 5 pounds each - bargain!
We suddenly realsied how late it was so we went to the supermarket to get our weekly shop and all the main bits and bobs we needed.
Afetr an hour of "Wow", "Is that all", "Nooooo", we realised really how much cheaper everything is - they even have nuts and sweets pic'n'mix!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb