Wanna play in Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
September 27th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

8pm - Yesterday we travelled to the town of Wanaka. A lovely lakeside town the view were pretty amazing.

After checking into our hostel we went straight to the small lakefront area that holds the few bars and grabbed dinner in a local pub.

Although this doesnt sound exciting the view whilst eating made everything worthwhile. Eating food we looked out over the blue, blue lake and snow tipped mountains, Incredible. We later returned to the bar to mock and laugh at the plentiful Karaoke singers all seemingly auditioning (badly) for X-Factor.

This morning with Claire feeling very poorly we drove the 4 and a half horus to Franz Josef Glacier. This is a very small town famed for its huge Glaciers upon the mountains. We've booked the trip for tomorrow and i cannot wait.

Best drive EVER heading down here though going along the road we passed 3 large cascading waterfalls constantly stopping for picture moments.

Never have i been to a country so vast and beautiful as New Zealand. Definatly worth the many years of dreaming.

Cooked a cheap, nice dinner tonight and have had a terribly difficult evening sat, surrounded by mountain scenery, in the jacuzzi.

Kelly x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb