Queenstown Rocks


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
September 25th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

7pm - We're now in a holiday camp in the lively and adventuristic city of Queenstown. Queenstown is known for its lively and unique clubs and many adventure sports for the adrenaline junkies. Being cautious with money on this trip however we're trying to justify any big expenditures.

Yesterday we arrived at Creeksyde Holiday Park and headed into the town. Again Claire disappeared to the shops purchasing many items of jewellery and a Kiwi toy she has befriended and named Uno.

As we wanted to see the nightlife we had a cheap dinner (more money for alcohol) and went to find the happy hours. Claire immediatly started on the red wine, whilst much to my disgust i realised that the cheapest drink i could stomach was Lager with a lot of Raspberry (Their substitute to Blackcurrent).

Claire again succeeded in attracting the only men in the building over the age of 40 so once again i sat there unimpressed as she was to polite to get rid of them.

After many drinks in the bar we headed to a second selling beer for $2 (about 80p) and wine for $3 (about 1.20). As you can imagine Claire was extremely excited about this and so bounded happily to the bar.

30 minutes later the alcohol had hit her and she was staring, slightly crazily, off into space.

Having reached a plateau where my stomach could handle no more shit drink and Claire now having severe difficulty in stringing a sentence together we decided to head back only for Claire to be so drunk that she tripped and then proceeded into a state of giggles resulting in her snorting (and no doubt the neighbours wondering why I'd bought a farm animal home).

Today having dragged Claire out of the comfort of her bed and being upset to hear that she has no hangover we decided to get a Gondola up the mountain abnd then at the top ride the LUGE. The Gondola trip (a big ski lift) slowly took us up the cliff face providing spectacular views over the city. When we had reached the top and overdosed the camera with photos of the scenery we headed down to the Luge (very small, low go-kart things that are scarily unsafe but fun) and did a quick lap around the circuit.

Tomorrow we're driving to a nearby city named Wanaka (which is meant to be very pretty) then later onto the glaciers.

Kelly x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb