Fiordland and the Wanaka revival visit


Advertisement
Published: October 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Manapouri – Finished making beds, which ended up not being too bad! Good team, and a fast 3hr work day, in exchange for luxury - in other words a room for myself, and classic greasy pub meal, nightly.

Circle track - took small boat accross river, joined 2 Germans in their early 30s along the way, talked about Germany city architecture all the way down, and had great group selfies along the beach

Kepler track –met cool recently high school graduated Germans along the way, did Luxmore caves with them after a smooth shot of whisky – was beautiful, relaxing & fun, walked to and from caves under a moonlit sky. Did them again the next morning with Danielle and her buddy Adam. Didn’t go as deep though, and was less flexible in the morning!

Routeburn track – unfinished feeling as we only did have the track, frustrating 5,5hr car trip, but got in my first drive in NZ, amazing views of the Saddle once we got up to the last stretch of the hike, reminisced about skiing the southern alps, and even got a Lord of The Rings flashback. Finished with a pointless night in QT on cheap liquor.



Wanaka one day return – Amazing. Home-made lunch on the terrace, bike ride along outlet track with Nono, 530-730pm happy hour with live music at Water Bar, BBQ with Simon and Lea, sleeping in a friend's van, most amazing & relaxed day in NZ thus far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb