Scenery to die for!


Advertisement
Published: February 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Moeraki bouldersMoeraki bouldersMoeraki boulders

These boulders look like giant malteasers and are off the east coast somewhere. They are some geological formation.
We travelled west from Dunedin to lake Te Anau. This is the place to get into Fjord land. Lake Te Anau itself was gorgeous. We luckily arrived on a sunny day and took a swim it was bl**dy freezing! but refreshing. We drove the scenic drive up to Milford sound and wisely took the later boat trip. If you get here any earlier (3pm) you stuck with all the tour buses of tourists. On the drive up we stopped off to see some Keas. These are a native parrots that live in the mountains and are famous for wrecking cars.

The weather was a bit drizzly but you could still see the fantastic scenery. The sound its very deep hence they get cruise ships coming in. We also saw new Zealand fur seals drying on the rocks and we took lots of piccies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mirror LakesMirror Lakes
Mirror Lakes

Ideally the water at miror lakes is so calm you get perfect reflections of the mountains but for us there was a slight breeze, but enjoy anyway.
KeaKea
Kea

This is one of the pesky Keas that hang around the car park. They dont seem to fear humans as they were checking everyone out as they got off a tour bus.


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb