Crimewatch here we come!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pure decadence!!!!!Pure decadence!!!!!Pure decadence!!!!!

It's all about prioritising!
With the confidence of hardened crims (ha ha!) we blagged our way into the Dunedin Holiday Park. This place, whilst comfortable enough, gave me the creeps a bit because it was so dark and every time I went the toilet I kept hearing strange noises . . maybe just a guilty conscience.
Getting our priorities right, the first place we visited was the Cadbury Factory. Its a whole Willy Wonka world for adults and whilst the whole spiel about how many litres of milk goes into a bar and what the productivity levels are like is all very interesting, not being funny or anything but JUST GIMME THE CHOCOLATE!!!
With freebies in hand - Geen more than I cos the swat was taking all the info in whilst I was trying to sniff out the fruit and nut - we had a wander around Dunedin city centre. Dunedin isn't the prettiest town centre but the architecture of the some of the buildings is impressive, particularly the train station and we also took a few photos of the church.
The following day we met up with an old friend of Geen's who, with her family is now living in Dunedin. With us following in the van, Chantelle and her family drove us out to the Otago Peninsula, where wildlife, including albatross and penguins can be spotted given the right time. We managed to spot a few birds before the cold got the better of us and we headed back to the van.
The last thing we had to do in Dunedin was visit the world famous Baldwin St, which is the steepest street in the world.
Agreeing that there was no way in the world that the van would manage to cough its way up there, we hot footed it to the top. Talk about knackering, I pity the poor postman who's got that round.
And then, we were off again for another 4 hour drive to Mount Cook.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 79; dbt: 0.109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb