Cruising in the Milford Sound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As there is nowhere to stay at the Milford Sound, the nearest place to stop is Te Anau. This is where our criminal life began.
The Great Lakes Holiday Park had good facilities and a lovely TV room with a roaring log fire and so this was the place where we attempted our first blag at only paying for one of us to stay, so whilst Geen did the bizz booking in etc, yours truly hid out in the back and pretended she was invisible. Result! We were in, paying only $13.50 instead of $26. Which made us feel somewhat guilty, considering the friendliness of the site managers, but hey, we got a budget to consider!
We booked with the Milford Adventurer to take us on a 2 hour cruise out to the Sound. Whilst freezing cold, it was a pleasant trip, with mountains and waterfalls along the way. As well as spotting a few seals we also managed to see a pod of dolphins!! Couldn't believe my eyes, what a sight! It was the highlight of an already lovely day.
Skulking back to our campsite, we had one more night of dodging the site managers before setting off for Dunedin the following day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb