Airport Reflections


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
December 28th 2013
Published: December 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Time to kill and free WiFi whilst waiting Fiji flight.. Time to reflect on travels so far. Been good, seen lots, never really stopped much so quite tiring, but once in a lifetime stuff, so trying to pack in as much as possible. Shirley finding a bit tough at times as more of a nest builder than me, and never stopped in same place for longer than 2 days so couldn't weave too many twigs. However we both having fun, and despite 10 days in a camper van (__testing for most relationships I would expect), we have survived and are still looking forward to the rest of our trip together, esp the next leg in Fiji. Should be able to get plenty rest and sun before the Indochina month..once more full on traveling.

We had, for the last few years thought of a Xmas away for a change. This was a bit weird for us, the first with none of our fabulous 4 children with us, and most of the last few decades with all 4 and more recently partners also, and grandchildren more recently still. So it was strange, more so being midsummer, but helped by being able to be in contact by phone. Big disappointment not getting WiFi on Xmas day, so couldnt see kids and grandkids...however managed to within next couple of days. Shirley found this more difficult, and has decided that next year we would have a big traditional Xmas at home..and avoid Xmas away in future. Me, I quite enjoyed being away from all the excesses and irrelevences, though did miss the family bit. I enjoyed our long walk along the beach in the sunshine!

Finally, our thoughts are constantly with Craig and louise , but reassured by Louise's fantastic blog, which makes us feel that we can somehow share their journey with them, pain, nausea, emotional ups and downs, etc.

Flight called so just remains to wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year.

Fiji calls...onward and upward.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb