Final day Rotorua/Christchurch/Journey To Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
August 8th 2010
Published: August 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Me Flying!Me Flying!Me Flying!

This is me doing Freefall Xtreme! Awesome!
On our final day at Rotorua we did a lot. First our mum got some medicine that made her get better and then me and Thomas went back to the Agroventures Park to do ‘Freefall XTreme’, which is something where you lie on an extremely strong current of artificial wind and it keeps you off the ground at a considerable height. After that we went to Wai-o-Tapu thermal wonderland where we saw bubbling mud pools, sulphur filled lakes (which isn’t a nice thing, because sulphur smells like rotten eggs) and even a green pool. Later on we went to Mitai - an awesome (and funny)Maori experience where you go into a Maori village and the Maori show you all of their culture and things like that (they also do a Haka). Then you get a free, delicious buffet! Then we went on a midnight walk through an animal enclosure (it’s only in the night because most of the animals there are nocturnal) where we got to see a kiwi (or three) and I have to say, Kiwis are so adorable.
The next day we got up early to see the Lady Knox Geyser erupt, with the water erupting reaching nine metres!
Sulphur PitSulphur PitSulphur Pit

This thing stank. Really bad.
After that we went straight to the airport to catch our plane to Christchurch (where I am now). In Christchurch we went to the antarctica centre where we got to ride on a Hagglund (the all terrain vehicles they use in antarcitca), experience an antarcic blizzard and feed penguins (honor's favourite part). After that we checked into our Motel and, before we could make ourselves comfy, we went straight off to visit a friend of my dad’s who he hasn’t seen for twenty years. But it was cool, because we got to watch Iron Man.

The day after that we went on a six hour journey to queenstown. Halfway through we stopped by lake Takepo, which is officially the most beutiful lake in the world. Also, we have noticed that new zealand is basically britain but with no high buildings and mostly countryside. But it is still awesome.mHarry and Thomas out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Green PoolGreen Pool
Green Pool

This is nicknamed 'The Devil's Bath'. Eeugh.
The MaoriThe Maori
The Maori

These are the Maori in their Canoe.
The Lady Knox GeyserThe Lady Knox Geyser
The Lady Knox Geyser

This is activated by putting in a bar of soap.
ThomasThomas
Thomas

Thomas during the antarctic storm.
The HagglundThe Hagglund
The Hagglund

This vehicle is so cool. I want one.
Lake TakepoLake Takepo
Lake Takepo

I told you it was pretty. (It is nowhere near the sea so I have no Idea why there is a seagull there.)


15th August 2010

I'm so glad that you have been enjoying New Zealand. I thought that it was a beautiful place when I visited a few years and I should have stayed for much longer. And I thought the same as you, Thomas and Harry, it did really remind me of Britain at points. I love all the photos - it gives us a great idea of what you are experiencing on your holiday! Lots of love from Ben and myself (and your soon-to-be cousin!)

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb