Trip of Giants - Kung Fu Predators


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
July 13th 2010
Published: July 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Movie day today again: $10 Tuesdays. I can remember when I was 11 going to a movie for $1.80. Anyway, me and the three boys again off to see Karate Kid 2. Getting our tickets late meant second row from the front but the boys didn't mind. Movie was long and slow, with most interesting bits in the last quarter, so not really a movie for kids even though it of course features a 13? year old. Nice movie formula otherwise, with the kid finding his feet in a new country, learning the king fu, and Jackie Chan having his own story which adds depth to his character but does not eventuate to anything in the end.

So the kids enjoyed it despite it being slow. I wasn't too worried because I was going to see Predators that night.

Dinner was at McDonalds, shouted by Gran and Pop. Funny to find that one of their favourite weekly outings at 87/90 years old is to get a big mac. The boys ran and slid around in the large playground at McDonalds Riccarton, one of the few times they've really been able to let loose this trip.

Aaron and I then went off to watch Predators which was excellent. Lots of strong action characters, reasonable plot, awesome aliens, good battle scenes and of course the hero wins in the end (not sure if he gets the girl or not - not really supposed to be a romantic movie I think).

Now what to do tomorrow?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb