goodbye for now


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 26th 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

our last goodbyeour last goodbyeour last goodbye

michelle, me, and machiel (the new proud owner of chippy)
so, i'm truncating the entries for my last few days in new zealand....

dunedin: south of christchurch by about 3 hours.
my recovery day from stewart island included a speights ale house tour and a cadbury chocolate factory tour. i don't like beer, but i decided i had to try the variety as a tasting was included in the tour. this i will label as 'michelle's part of the day' because she LOVES beer. she was all smiles the entire hour....she even smiled as we entered the stinky hopps (we don't know if there's 1 or 2 p's in hops) room. the biggest grins though were while trying her hand at pouring beer from an actual bar tap.

by the time the tasting was over we'd had about 3 glasses of beer between us....feeling rather 'happy' at this point we scurried over to the cadbury factory to see what we could do about eating cadbury out of business. i must say we almost at all their stock....but not quite. i'm labeling this 'caitlin's part of the day' because, though michelle loved it, she got the beer....so i'm taking chocolate. so, our guide was an older woman who must have eaten 10 moro bars (think mars bar) a day. the slogan is 'go more on moro.' anyway, she had lots of energy....and was very generous with chocolate. we finished the cadbury tour and we were tuckered out with bellies full of beer and chocolate.

umm....THE BEST DAY EVER!!

from dunedin we were off to christchurch to sell chippy (the car) before we left. we got to christchurch and posted a few flyers for chippy's sale. oh....a story about how amazing kiwi people are. on my way to stewart island i met a couple who lived in christchurch and they offered to have us stay. so, i rang them (stewart and barbara) and michelle and i had a home and good company for our last 2 nights in christchurch. i talked to these people for 20 minutes on the ferry and 2 weeks later i was staying in their house. unreal!!

our last day in christchurch was a big one. WE SOLD CHIPPY TO A MAN!! he is a good guy named machiel from holland who i met at the end of stewart island. stewart, barbara, michelle and i shared 2 bottles of wine with dinner....stew kept filling mine. we talked about travel and about kiwi lifestyles....and how much we both love new zealand. it was a good final night.

so, goodbye for now new zealand.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.5kb